Tuesday 15 March 2011

Pete And The Pirates – Come To The Bar * Single of the Day * release date 13/3/11

This is one of the few singles this week that really made me pay attention the first time I heard it. The intro takes me back to an '80's classroom, watching that minute hand slowly countdown, in anticipation of a schools programme. And the line "1979 and Heart Of Glass is playing" really starts me on a school disco nostalgia trip.

Come To The Bar does have an undeniable retro feel but there is so much more to it, great lyrics performed with heart and production that develops the sound from start to finish. Actually pick out any instrument in the mix and its part is evolving all the way through.

Pete And The Pirates really make this track an experience. I love it.

Review Index

No comments:

Post a Comment