Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Goldberg Sisters – Shush * Single of the day * release date 28/3/11


The intro to Shush is either high tech 60's or low tech 80's, but the quality of the melody line was what really grabbed me. Then the chorus arrives, we get the full soft rock backing and the track takes off. Half way through we get a guitar solo before it all gets a bit funkier, then we ease back into rock mode to finish, quite a journey.

The video never influences my assessment of the song but I must add it's a corker. I'm definitely prone to a bit of air drumming in the car myself and the overall concept is very clever.

This is Adam Goldberg's first release as The Goldberg Sisters, his previous alias was LANDy and the Goldberg Sisters eponymous album is released in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I hope you enjoy Shush as much as I do.

Review Index 

No comments:

Post a Comment