Friday 25 March 2011

Doom Unit – Reckoning Day * Single of the day * 25/3/2011


The best heavy rock single released this week (in my youth this was called metal). Doom Unit's self-proclaimed mission is to make “great music to drink beer to” and they deliver just that.

Reckoning Day is not ground breaking, the rising chord progression in the chorus, the simple guitar licks highlighting the bridges and the contemplative gruff talky bit have all been done before. However Doom Unit do them all very well and do them to a bloody good song.

One morning this week I woke up singing the chorus. To put that into perspective I can't hum a single bar of Rebecca Black's Friday despite having heard it a gazillion times this week. You see I have extensively trained my neurons not to retain crap in my memory. I believe this gives Reckoning Day a resounding thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment