Tuesday 14 June 2011

Burlap To Cashmere – Build A Wall * Single of the day * release date 12/6/2011


The first words I thought of when I heard Build A Wall was that it was an honest song. It took me a little while to work out why that was the feeling I got. Certainly the pace of the track and the sense of urgency with which the lyrics are delivered created the feeling that I was listening to free flowing thought rather than a collection of words contrived to fit the music.

Of course I then went to Burlap To Cashmere's website to find out some more background and found that their new self-titled album, including Build A Wall, was recorded 'organically' with not even a click track being used. Perhaps it is this approach to recording that has resulted in an inferred honesty to the song when compared to music produced with auto tune and other technologies.

The album Burlap To Cashmere is released on the 19th of July.

Review Index

No comments:

Post a Comment