Thursday 17 February 2011

Welcome to New Singles Review

Hello and welcome to New Singles Review.

Starting on 21st February 2011 I will be reviewing as many singles as I can that are being released in the coming week. Obviously these reviews will be tainted by my own taste in music and if you disagree with something I've said please feel free to add your comments.

There are countless singles released each week, some by the major labels, most by independents. Whilst I will be reviewing major releases I hope to unearth some gems that you may miss among the independents. Hopefully you will enjoy the reviews but my fervent wish is that I help you to find music you enjoy.

When I decided to to write this blog there were two major problems that I found preparing for it, both related to release dates. Firstly when I managed to find a few sites listing new releases there were an appreciable number of tracks from major labels that were already in the chart. Obviously I want to keep my blog fresh so if a track is already out there I can't see the point in reviewing it. Secondly most sites documenting new releases pretty much show around ten new releases. Knocking out the tracks that had already charted hardly left any to review. So if nothing else at least there will be a longer list of new releases here than most places on the web.

That's it for now, I'm going to start the enjoyable process of finding new music and I hope you join me on Monday.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment