Saturday 19 March 2011

Jonathan Jeremiah – Happiness * Single of the day * release date 20/3/11

Saturdays are always a funny day for me. It's the day I start going through the new releases for the coming week and having gone through a quarter of them I was getting a bit desperate (don't worry though there was good stuff lower down the list). So it was a great relief to me when I played Happiness because it just shone out with its sheer brilliance.

Its a beautiful song which could have been carried with just a guitar, however its been perfectly arranged with drums, brass and strings to produce a magical track. Jonathan Jeremiah delivers the vocals with real sincerity which adds to the timeless feel. If you told me this was a Cat Stevens hit I'd never heard before I wouldn't be surprised. Simply stunning.

Review Index 

No comments:

Post a Comment